Who would not love smoothies when its freshly made at home? It tastes so much better than store bought smoothie and is inexpensive to make using pantry friendly ingredients.
Smoothie is a drink that can really be made with anything that’s available in pantry or in fridge/freezer. There are many variations to smoothies and you can really just play around with available ingredients to make this drink yummy.
Generally, smoothie contains bunch of ice to give icy texture to the drink but trust me I have a better idea! Just freeze the fruits or veggies in advance and use that instead of ice. That way smoothie won’t lose its icy texture nor it will turn watery.
Whenever I make smoothie, I try to add fruits and veggies, nutrients like oats or flax/chia/hemp seeds, any liquid base like yogurt, juice or milk with a sweetener if required.
In this recipe I have used frozen bananas, peanut butter, oats , flax seeds , yogurt and coconut water. I have also used some fresh fruits and nuts as topping and served in a coconut bowl!
Have you tried giving smoothies to your toddler? If not why don’t you go make some smoothie for them and you will soon know how much they love it! Its a great way to add more veggies and fruits to toddlers..
If you are looking for quick breakfast you may like:
Blue and Purple Pancakes
Chocolate Tahini balls
Let me know how much you like this recipe. Rate and comment below. Keep watching this blog for more smoothie recipes.
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 2 Bananas Frozen
- 1/2 Cup Coconut water
- 3 Tbsp Peanut butter
- 2 Tsp Flax seeds or use chia/hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp Oats
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Blueberry
- 2 Tbsp Almonds sliced
- 2 Tsp Cocoa nibs
- Blend: Add all the smoothie ingredients- frozen banana, peanut butter, flax seeds, oats, yogurt and coconut water into a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Serve: Add smoothie into bowl or cup
- Topping: Add blueberries, sliced almonds and cocoa nibs as toppings or add toppings to your liking.
- Enjoy: Enjoy immediately !
- Play around with flavor combination to your liking
- Try to freeze your veggies and fruits 24 hours prior to making smoothie
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
Leave a Comment below. If you have tried the recipe, let me know how it turned out!
I'd love to hear from you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?