Magic happens when you combine two of your favorite things. Everyone loves the classic black forest cup cake. Top it up with a Santa red frosting. You are beginning to visualize something amazing in the making. Now add some white cream to finish it. Voila!!! you have a magical cupcake in your favorite holiday version. Presenting the black forest Santa Cup cake.
It’s one of the famous cakes back in India and everyone loves this flavor. We don’t generally get this here in America so wanted to combine the Indian dessert and give it a hint if Christmas!
I must say quarantine has helped me get creative with little one. It’s super awesome to see how kids get involved in every day cooking. So why not take some advantage and allow them to make whatever they can. It sure creates mess but well that’s fun too!!
Check out the video below for the recipe.
Lets meet the steps to make this beautiful and delicious cup cake
If you made this please leave a comment and rate the recipe.
Black forest Santa Cupcake
- Electric hand mixer or standing mixer
- Cup cake moulds
For the Cup cakes
- 1 1/4 Cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
Filling and Frosting
- 3 Cups Confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tsp Red food color
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Pie filling
To make the Cup cake
- Pre heat : Preheat the oven to 325F (160C).
- Sift dry ingredients: Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix: Mix it well
- Add wet ingredients: Add the oil., water, milk , yogurt and vanilla essence.
- Beat well: With a hand mixer, beat well to get a smooth batter
- Bake: Pour the batter in the cup cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool: Let the cup cake cool completely before removing from the pan
To make the butter cream frosting
- Beat all together: Mix confectioner’s sugar with butter. Add milk and beat until it is creamy.
- Transfer: Take 1/4th of the frosting and transfer it to a piping bag which can be used to decorate the hat.
- Add color: Add red color and mix well. Transfer this to another piping bag with larger round tip to make the hat.
- This can be stored in fridge for up to 4 days.
- I have used the store bought cherry pie filling but you can use home made.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
Leave a Comment below. If you have tried the recipe, let me know how it turned out!
I'd love to hear from you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?