We had one of the best collard wraps in Cambodia. It was one of the fine vegan friendly restaurant’s in Siem Reap. This wrap was served with Peanut sauce and was garnished with some fresh herbs.
Many of you may have had collard warp with different filling in it but this one is unique to South asian countries as the spread is mainly of peanut and tofu marinated with soy sauce and spices.
Collard greens has lot of benefits. It can be eaten raw in any salads and can be cooked as well. If you don’t like to eat them raw then this is the best wrap you will ever eat. It’s very easy to make with basic ingredients you have at home.
Let meet the ingredients
The main ingredient , Collard greens – can be easily found in any grocery store. Just pick up the fresh looking ones and avoid the ones with holes in it.
Soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, tofu, oil, veggies, herbs, peanut butter, sriracha/hot sauce and lime. These ingredients will be available in your pantry or in fridge.
Make the wrap and let me know. Rate and leave a comment.
Cambodian Collard Wrap
For the Wrap
- 4 Leaves Collard Greens
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 Oz Extra Firm Tofu Cut into strips
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Cucumber Pealed and julienned
- 1/2 Bell pepper Julienned
- 1/2 Carrot Shredded
- 1 Tbsp Basil leaves Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mint Chopped
- 1 Spring onion Thinly sliced
For Peanut Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Peanut butter
- 1/2 Tsp Sriracha
- 1 Tsp Lime juice
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Prepare the collard leaves
- Boil water: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Blanch: Blanch each collard green leaf in the boiling water for 1 minute, until softened and bright green. Remove from the water and immediately submerge in an ice bath for 1 minute, or until cool to the touch. Dry the collard greens on paper towels .
- Cute the stem: 3. Trim the stems, then, using a knife, carefully remove the thick part of the stem(Reverse the leaf) from the leaf. Working parallel to the leaf, shave off any excess stem which helps to roll easily. Repeat with each collard.
Make the peanut sauce
- Whisk : In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, Sriracha, sesame oil, lime juice, water, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat : Heat the sesame oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat.
- Roast: Add the tofu strips and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove the tofu from the pan.
Assemble the wrap
- Add peanut sauce: To build the wraps, lay a collard green leaf on a flat surface. Spread 2 teaspoons of peanut sauce across the center of the leaf.
- Add all the filling ingredients: Lay 1 strip of tofu on top of the sauce, followed by 3-4 pieces of cucumber, 1 tablespoon shredded carrot, Bell pepper and a bit of mint, basil, and spring onions.
- Fold: Fold one side of the leaf over the filling. Fold the other side of the leaf over the filling. Fold the bottom of the leaf up. Tuck in all of the ingredients and roll until the bottom half has reached the top of the leaf. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. ( Refer the video in the above post)
- Cut and serve: Cut in half on the diagonal, then serve with more peanut sauce and Soy sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Add Hummus to the wrap which adds proteins to the food.
- Add any crunchy veggies of your choice
- Make it more tastier by adding Micro Green leaves
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?