Agua Fresca is one of the most popular drinks in Mexico. It’s very simple and easy to prepare. All you need is a fruit , blender and water. Sounds simple and exciting!!
Agua’s are refreshing fruit drinks and they sell all over Mexico. They’re cooling , sweet and are great alongside spicy food. Agua’s are made from variety of fruits but Cantaloupe has a very distant flavor and one of my favorites.
This drink was one of our go to drink in Mexico. I still recall, it was one of the hottest days of the trip and to keep ourselves hydrated we almost drank a gallon of this juice each day. It was indeed refreshing and kept us going.
If you have Cantaloupe and want to make something quick out of it this is the most simplest recipe. Well this is summer fruit so enjoy before the season vanishes for the year!
For the Agua
- 1/2 Cantaloupe
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2-3 Leaves Mint - for Garnisg
1. Remove the skin and seeds from the cantaloupe and dice the flesh. Put in a blender and 1 cup water, blend until smooth.
2. Strain the puree through a fine strainer so that you get a nice clear juice. Add more water if you think its required and lime juice. Press down the juice using spatula and discard the remains in sieve. You can add a little sugar if you like but I don’t think it’s really needed if your cantaloupe is ripe.
3. Serve over ice with a little mint as garnish.
- I always use fully ripe cantaloupe. It will have natural sweetness when it’s fully ripe.
- I sometimes add a pinch of salt and pepper. It turns the juice to have entirely different flavor.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors9.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?