The most amazing Salsa you will ever try. This Salsa recipe features fresh tomatoes and loaded with red onions, lime juice, and jalapenos. It’s also flavored with fresh herbs and spices, which takes this recipe to a new level of deliciousness.
Before I migrated to US the only salsa i knew was the “Latin Dance” salsa. The initial experience of eating in fast food joints in USA “Taco Bell” fueled my inner curiosity to discover the ingredients that makes this universally loved dip “salsa”. There are at least millions ways to prepare salsa, but in my blog i will show how to make a simple, effective and tasty salsa. The key to make very good salsa is to choose the right tomatoes , since it is one of the important component. I usually use combination of Roma and Hot house/cherry tomatoes
I love how simple this salsa is to make. Simply throw tomatoes, onion, garlic, Jalapeños, and cilantro into a blender or food processor. Pulse everything until they blend together, and then season with salt, pepper and lime. Easy isn’t it? You can choose your own hotness!!!
- For a mild salsa- remove all seeds and use just 1 Jalapeño
- For a medium salsa- remove most of the seeds and may be 2 Jalapeños
- For a hot salsa- add 1-2 Jalapeños with seeds
Well, Salsa from your neighbors house or restaurant tastes different because of the varieties of tomatoes that they use in salsa. I personally prefer to use Roma and hot house tomatoes/cherry tomatoes.
The easiest and fastest way to blend all of the ingredients together is in food processor/blender. I would recommend working in batches or stopping to stir a few times, so that the bottom doesn’t become pure liquid!
Salsa can be a side dish as dip for many Mexican dishes. One of my family’s favorite is to dip it with Quesadilla.
Make it and do not forget to let me know!
- Food Processor
For the Salsa
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes -I have used Roma and Hot house
- 1 Red Onion
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- 1-2 Jalapenos or Habanero for more spiciness
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Sugar- Optional
- 1/2 tsp Salt
1. Place the fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, sugar (if using), and salt in a food processor Pulse until the contents are fine and well blended. Stop in between and stir few times so that the bottom doesn’t become liquid.
2. Pour in the Salsa in a serving bowl. Taste, then add more cumin, salt or lime juice if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Try not to use any juicy tomatoes, it can make your salsa watery and runny.
- Try to use combination of Tomatoes and it yields perfect Salsa
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors9.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?