When me and my husband moved to the magic city of Florida-“Miami”, we were amazed at the vast culinary landscape that this beautiful city offered . Great options for food across every budget ranging from eclectic fine dining to local cafes . But there is one thing that bridges the gap between fine dining restaurant and local cafes, that is “Mojito”.
While my stay in Miami, I had so many different flavors of Mojito and honestly I cannot tell what’s my favorite because they all tastes so amazing and refreshing! If you happen to hang out in Miami and get a chance to visit Little Havana do visit Ball and chain as they serve of one the best Mojitos in town!
Mojito claims to be originated in Havana , Cuba! They are one of the Cuba’s oldest cocktail’s and generally made from mint, lime juice, sugar, rum and crushed ice. There are various variations of mojito but most easiest and simplest is mint mojito. I have improvised mint mojito by adding more herbs and I like to call it as “Garden Mojito”!
Today’s recipe brings you flavors of Mojito without alcohol and with most easily available ingredients.
Oh well, as I write this post, I’m enjoying a glass of this mojito and I can’t even tell you how refreshing it is.
Generally mojito contains rum but we are replacing that with Ginger beer in this recipe. Well, its ginger beer and I am sure you must be thinking it as alcohol but you got to trust me it’s non alcoholic beer- It is produced by the natural fermentation of ginger spice, yeast and sugar !
If you do not have ginger beer handy, you can choose to use soda + little cane sugar- Make sure to dissolve sugar before pouring it into the drink.
In this recipe, I am using 3 different fresh herbs – mint, parsley and basil , but feel free to alter herbs as you like. If you plan to use only mint then double the quantity of mint.
Mint/parsley/basil leaves should only be bruised to release the essential oils and should not be shredded. This helps give the drink its flavor and texture.
Just add this directly to the glass with sugar syrup ,then add ice cubes or crushed ice, pour ginger beer garnish with few leaves of fresh mint, parsley, basil, lemon wedge, banana pepper and a strip of cucumber. Now, that’s why I call this drink as garden mojito.
Are you not tempted to have this drink ? Oh yes I am sure you do!
Let me know how much you loved this recipe! Rate and leave a comment!
Garden Mojito – Non alcoholic drink
- Mortar and Pestle
- 7 Leaves mint
- 4 Leaves basil
- 4 Leaves parsley
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 4 Drops ginger juice Grate ginger and squeeze out juice
- 6 Drops lemon juice
- 1 6.8 Fluid Oz ginger beer Fever tree brand is the one I prefer
- 2 Cubes ice or crushed ice
- Muddle: Add basil, parsley and mint leaves to mortal pestle and muddle them.
- Sugar syrup: Take 1 tbsp of ginger beer or soda in a small bowl and dissolve sugar.
- Assemble: Add ice cubes or crushed ice into the glass. To this add 4-5 drops of ginger juice and 5-6 drops of lemon juice. Add the muddled leaves and sugar syrup.
- Pour beer: To this pour ginger beer or soda.
- Garnish: Add fresh mint , parsley, basil leaves and add a fresh lemon wedge with a slice of banana pepper.
- You can garnish with just mint or lemon wedge.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?