Inspiration behind this drink is my little one! He loves oranges and I would say that’s one of his all time favorite fruits…..so…that’s one fruit always available at my home. Well, I love oranges too and I eat them as a fruit or put them in salads or make orange juice but wanted to try something new or different and we ended up making very flavorful drink using fresh squeezed orange juice!
It’s almost end of summer where I live, but be it summer, winter, fall or spring who cares about the season to have such refreshing drink!
In my other mock-tail recipes you’ll find sugar as one of the main ingredients. It’s really fun to get creative with infusing the syrups or sugar with different flavors, but as you know it’s all sugar! So instead of using sugar in this mojito, we’ll be replacing the sugary component with sugarcane juice.
Are you wondering why sugarcane juice instead of sugar?
Lets see some fun facts and benefits on Sugarcane
- India is one of the world’s largest producers of sugarcane, after Brazil
- 70% of the world’s sugar is made from sugarcane
- Helps treat urinary tract infections, kidney stones and ensure proper functioning of the kidneys
- Helps strengthen liver.
- Sugarcane juice is extremely rich in minerals which helps prevent tooth decay and bad breath.
Well well, I did give some good information on sugarcane..
Are you guys ready to jump on to my colorful spicy citrusy and sweet drink?
Let’s see…. All we need is Orange, mint, lemon, ice cubes, sugarcane juice…. But to spice it up I would love to add a pinch of red chilly powder and a pinch of salt as well! Doesn’t it sound tantalizing? Of-course it does!!! Lets dive down to recipe…
Do let me know once you make this drink…. Rate and comment below!
More non alcoholic drinks you may like
Orange Mojito – Non Alcoholic drink
- Mortar and Pestle
- 10 Leaves mint
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Sugarcane juice
- 1/4 Tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 Slice Orange
- 2 Slice Lemon
- 2 Cubes Ice or crushed ice
- Muddle: Add mint leaves to mortal pestle and muddle them.
- Assemble: Take 2 glasses, divide the muddled leaves equally and add them to glass. Add pinch of red chili powder. Add ice cubes or crushed ice on top of leaves and chilly powder.
- Pour juices: To this add 1/2 cup orange juice and 1/2 cup sugarcane juice.
- Garnish: Add fresh lemon and orange slice to garnish. You can choose to add some herbs like rosemary as well.
- Serve: Enjoy the drink
- We love spicy food, so we have added red chilly and salt to the rim of the glass so that every sip we take is spiced up
- If you do not have sugarcane handy replace it with ginger beer or soda with sugar or sugar syrup.
- Feel free to add sugar if you want more sweet.
- Tastes best with it is cold.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?