If I am ever stranded at a deserted island and if that island has only one food item, i’ll pray that it better be quinoa. Nothing can get more versatile than quinoa. If you have never tasted quinoa because someone told you its tasteless, then this recipe will be a perfect introduction to quinoa. This protein packed healthy grain combined with vegetables and dressing makes a delicious and nutritious salad. But quinoa is not bound to just salads. You can make many more dishes and another favorite of mine is Quinoa Beetroot Burger.
Hit me up if you would like more recipes with quinoa as base and I will make sure to make more of it.
Todays recipe features quinoa as the hero supported by variety of nutritious and seasonal vegetables and versatile dressing. It is a go to recipe which can be made in a jiffy.
Quinoa can be cooked and stored in a refrigerator. If you are in a hurry and hungry this is the best recipe to go to!
All you need is Quinoa, onion, tomato, cucumber, sprouted mung beans, Broccoli and Cilantro. For the Dressing/Sauce you need Olive oil, Paprika, red wine vinegar/Vinegar, Garlic, salt, black pepper, Lemon. Mix it up and its ready!! Isn’t it easy?
Youtube link to make Quinoa Salad
If you like it please rate the recipe below and leave a comment!
- Mixing Bowl
For the Salad
- 2 Cups Cooked Red Quinoa Can use brown quinoa as well
- 1 Cup Broccoli Boiled in hot water for 2 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Mung Beans
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Bunch Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Vine vinegar Or white vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Clove Garlic Pressed or minced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Lemon
- Cook Quinoa: According to the direction of the package cook quinoa.
- Boil broccoli: Cur broccoli into florets and boil it in hot water for 2 mins with pinch of salt and turmeric
- Chop the veggies: Chop Onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro
- Make the dressing/sauce: In a glass bug or a bowl add olive oil, red vine vinegar, paprika, pressed garlic, salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Mix it well.
- Mix the salad veggies with quinoa: Take a salad mixing bowl, add quinoa, sprouted mung beans, broccoli, chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber and cilantro.
- Add dressing and toss it: Now pour dressing over the salad and give it a good toss
- Serve: Serve it and enjoy the meal.
- This can be kept in refrigerator for upto 3 days.
- To make the process fast, cook quinoa ahead of time. Brown quinoa can be used instead of red quinoa.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?