It’s February and the year’s first true festival brings a lot of love in the air. I was on a roll while planning Valentine’s day cookies.
Valentine’s day is all about expressing love and affection towards loved ones. For me valentines day is expressing love towards family as well as friends. Just another day to let them know how much they mean to us!! Today’s recipe is the ultimate dessert for this day. Its a cookie which tastes like a cake but, its’ crunchy yet melts in your mouth and so tempting that you simply cannot resist.
If you are still wondering what special to do for your loved ones, try this recipe and I guarantee that their love for you will grow manifold.
Presenting the Valentine special Red Velvet cookie
Video of baking the Red Velvet Cookies
I must say baking with the little was even more fun. As much as he loves helping out he loves tasting them!! Well just to make sure that it has right amount of everything 🙂
This recipe can be very well made with pantry ingredients. But I had to go out to pick up food color and chocolate chips as I was running short of it.
First of all mix the dry ingredients all purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Set aside.
Then I made the curdle milk by adding some vinegar into milk. This helps the cookie gets its velvety texture. (You can add lemon juice instead of vinegar as well).
I added some butter and sugar in a different bowl and mixed it well until they get fluffy, then added some red food color and vanilla extract. Mixed well to get beautiful red color.
Then added the dry ingredients and combined well. Let it rest in the fridge for about 30 mins-1 hour.
After 30 mins , the cookie dough would be hardened enough to make the balls. Make the balls using hands or you can use ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough. Place them in parchment paper and bake for 12 mins at 350 F. Take out the cookies and place the white chocolate chips and pop it back in the over to bake for 5 more minutes.
TIP: I love to add the chocolate chip just before the cookies are done so the chocolate still stays white. It’s my personal option to add them towards the end as white chocolate tend to burn and brown in oven.
If you are looking for more dessert and cookie ideas, check out the below
Christmas sugar cookies
Tutti fruiti cookies
Khajur nutkhat– Dates bites
Black forest cupcakes
Vegan Panna cotta
Chocolate and Tahini balls
If you made this leave a comment and rate the recipe.
Red Velvet Cookies (Eggless)
- Baking tray
- 1 1/4 Cup All purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter Vegan's use vegan butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Red food color
- 3 Tbsp Milk Vegan's use non dairy milk
- 1 Tsp Vinegar Lemon juice can be used instead
- 1/2 Cup White chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients: In a clean bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Curdle milk: In another bowl, take the milk and add vinegar to it. Let it curdle for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat butter and sugar: In a separate bowl, beat the butter with the sugars till nice and fluffy.
- Add essence and color: Add the vanilla extract and red food coloring. Mix well to combine
- Combine: Add in the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. It will have a crumble texture.
- Add curdle milk: Add curdle milk into your cookie dough mixture and combine everything. At this time you will not be able to make cookie balls as it has to rest for a while.
- Rest: Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. It will be hardened a little and easy to make the cookie balls.
- Preheat: Preheat the oven at 350 F
- Prep baking tray: Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make balls: Scoop out your cookie dough or make cookie balls and place the balls on the baking tray.
- Bake: Bake for 12 minutes.
- Add chocolate: Take the tray out, and top it up with white chocolate chips.
- Bake: Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let it cool: Let the cookie cool for 10-15 mins
- Serve: Enjoy the cookies with loved ones
- You can choose to add the chocolate chip inside cookie dough as well. It’s my personal option to add them towards the end as white chocolate tend to burn and brown in oven.
- Vegans- Substitute butter and milk with began products
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?