Tofu is one of our families favorite main ingredient. We love to try out variety of recipes and customize it to taste the best! One such recipe is scrambled tofu. It’s my quick and easy get away for breakfast.
My little one loves tofu so much that he doesn’t wait for me to spice it up. So, I ended up making a quick scrambled recipe using the spices available in my pantry.
It turned out to be so tasty that we make it quite often for our breakfast. It’s rich in protein and keeps us going till noon. Sometimes I make an extra batch of it and put it in the fridge for later use. They stay good for about 3 days.
All we need to make this dish are some basic ingredients. Tofu, onions, bell pepper, tomato, dill, green onion, oil, curry powder, paprika, red chili flakes , salt and pepper.
Chop the veggies and keep them aside.
I like to use extra firm tofu because they don’t go soggy when I scramble it and it’s kind of easy to handle. But if you end up not having extra firm tofu , then just make sure to take out the water from it by either pressing it gently or by adding some weight on top of tofu and let water drain for 30 mins.
Once tofu is ready to be used, cut them into coarse pieces and using knife scramble the tofu. Alternatively you can use greater to grate the tofu.
It’s time to cook the veggies. Add a tbsp olive oil in a pan , let it heat and add chopped onions and pinch of salt to speed up the cooking process. Cook it for a minute or 2 then add bell pepper. I love my bell peppers crunchy so I cooked it for just a minute. You can choose to cook a little more if you like them soft.
Now, add the spices- curry powder, red chili flakes and paprika, give it a good toss and immediately add tomatoes and cook just for 30 seconds. Don’t allow tomatoes to go mushy because they make the dish soggy and we don’t want that 🙂
Now add the fresh herbs, dill and green onion then finish it off with salt and pepper. Give a good stir and it’s ready to be served! I love to have a slice of roasted bread on the side.
Want’s that quick and easy? I am sure it was. I am sure you will love it when you make it.
Video of making Scrambled Tofu
If you made this please rate and leave a comment.
- cooking pan
- 1 14 Oz Extra firm tofu
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bell pepper Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes Chopped (I used cherry tomatoes but any tomato can be used)
- 1/4 Cup Dill Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green onions Chopped
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 Tsp Curry powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper Optional
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Prep tofu: Cut tofu into pieces then use a fork to scramble it. (You can use grater if you feel that’s easy). Keep it aside
- Prep veggies: Chop onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, Dill and green onions ( Feel free to use any substitutes for these veggies) . Keep it aside
- Saute: Add oil in a pan and let it heat. Add chopped onions and saute it for a minute then add salt to speed ups the cooking process. Cook for a minute more.
- Add bell peppers: To this add chopped bell pepper and cook it to your desire level. I like it crunchy so I cooked it just for 2 minutes.
- Add spices: Red pepper flakes, curry powder, paprika and mix well.
- Add tomatoes: Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for about 30 seconds. I like to cook this for just about 30 seconds so that tomatoes don’t turn mushy. (If they turn mushy they make the dish watery or soggy)
- Add tofu: Now it's time to add the scrambled tofu. Cook for 2 minutes and mix well.
- Add herbs: Add the chopped dill and green onions and give a quick toss. Don’t really need to cook it well. Just a quick toll will work.
- Adjust the spices: Add some salt and pepper and add more paprika if you need your tofu spicy.
- Serve: Serve the tofu and enjoy the dish while it’s still hot.
- You can add any veggies of your liking. Some of my favorite options are spinach, kale and edamame
- Try to buy extra firm tofu as they hold up nice and wont become soggy. If you don't find extra firm tofu then try to take out water from tofu by pressing it or by adding some weight on it to remove the excess water from it.
- If you don't have curry powder substitute it with Onion and garlic powder.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors9.
Or click the button below to connect.
Leave a Comment below. If you have tried the recipe, let me know how it turned out!
I'd love to hear from you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?