After an afternoon nap, sipping on a piping hot tea with biscuits dipped in is almost a ritual in an Indian household for eternity. What if we were to take things a step ahead and upgrade the biscuits to cookies, that’s even better- tutti frutti cookies. Sounds exciting right.
When I first made these cookies, it occurred to me how versatile these are, it was crunchy yet melts in mouth. Not only will they be an excellent tea time snack, the kids will pounce on them too. And not to forget to mention that they can be an awesome gift for friends and family. In fact I made this cookies for 2020 Christmas for my friends.
Let me also give out a secret. The aroma that these cookies ooze while baking, will make your house smell delicious. You can thank me later for it.
Presenting the new tea time snack – the colorful jeweled tutti frutti cookies.
Every one would have heard of tutti frutti but has anyone wondered what those are actually made of?
Tutti frutti is a colorful confectionery containing various chopped and usually candied fruits, or an artificial or natural flavoring simulating the combined flavor of many different fruits. As matter of fact in india, tutti frutti is made from papaya and in other countries it is made from berries and chopped fruits. in India it is mainly used as toppings to custard, cakes or ice creams.
Video of making Tutti Frutti Cookies. Do subscribe to our Youtube channel as well!
Lets jump into recipe
If you made this please rate and comment below
Tutti Frutti Cookies
- hand held beater or stand
- Baking tray
- 1 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp Custard powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom powder
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
- 3/4 Cup Tutti Frutti
- 3/4 Tsp Pineapple essence or rose essence Optional
- Mix dry ingredients: In a bowl mix together flour, custard powder, salt and cardamom powder. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar: In another bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar till creamy and smooth using hand beater or stand mixer
- Add essence: Add pineapple essence and mix until well combined (optional)
- Combine: Add in the flour mix and tutti frutti to butter sugar mix.
- Make dough: Mix in everything together until it comes together as a dough. Note: You may add very little milk if the dough isn't coming together.
- Divide: Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and make logs out of it. (Check out video above)
- Cover and rest: Cover the logs with a plastic sheet tightly and refrigerate for minimum of 1 hours.
- Cut: Take out the dough logs after they have chilled and cut into round cookies, around 1/4 inch thick.
- Pre heat: Pre heat the over to 350F
- Transfer: Transfer the cut cookies on the baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Bake: Bake the cookies at 350 F degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove: Remove from oven and let them cool completely.
- Serve or store: Serve with Chai or store tutti frutti biscuits in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Can be stored in air tight container for up to 15 days.
- You may use rose essence if you do not have pineapple essence.
- You can add chopped cashews and pista as well if you like crunchy bites in between
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?