New year is here and 2020 most certainly made me believe and appreciate the joy of simplicity. Todays recipe highlights the same concept. A continental dish made in a simple way but once which turns out to be an amalgamation of taste, health and crunch.
Presenting a medley of vegetables baked in rich creamy sauce – “Veggies baked in white sauce”
Vegetarians think that they run out of ideas and I don’t think that is true. Vegetarians can actually create some great tasting fusion dishes with any kind of veggies that are available. Here is one such recipe. It is simple to make but delicious to taste. Combination of white sauce and veggies makes a great meal!
Let’s meet the ingredients and steps
If you made this dish please do rate and comment below.
Veggies baked in white sauce
To make the white sauce
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp All purpose flour
- 7 Oz Milk about 200 ml
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/16 Tsp Nutmeg Just a pinch of nutmeg should do the trick
- 4 Oz Grated cheese About 100 grams
To make the veggies
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Carrots Diced
- 1/2 Cup Bell pepper Diced
- 1/2 Cup Green beans Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green peas Fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini Diced
- 1/3 Cup Basil Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Red chili flakes
- 4 Oz Grated Cheese
- 1 Loaf Garlic Bread or any bread of your choice
To make white sauce
- Melt butter in a pan: Heat the pan and add the butter, Let it melt.
- Add All purpose flour: To the melted butter add all purpose flour , mix and cook well.
- Add milk in parts: Add milk in 2-3 parts and keep whisking to avoid lumps.
- Add spices: Add pinch of Salt, pepper and nutmeg powder.
- Add cheese: Stir in grated cheese and mix well until it melts and combines well about 2-3 minutes.
To make the veggies
- Heat the pan: Heat the pan and add olive oil
- Add in veggies: Add diced carrots, Belle pepper , Green beans, Green peas , Broccoli , Zucchini
- Add spices: Add salt, pepper, oregano, red chilly flakes.
- Saute: Saute for 2-3 minutes and add chopped basil. Mix well.
- Add white sauce: Add in the prepared white sauce , mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer: Add the veggies and white sauce to a baking dish
- Add cheese: Add cheese on top of this and top it off with some red chili flakes
- Bake: Bake this at 350 F or 180 C for about 12 minutes.
Garlic Butter and bread
- Mix: Take the melted butter, chopped garlic and cilantro, mix well to get the garlic butte
- Apply: Cut the bread as required and apply garlic butter to bread and roast it on a pan or you could even bake it.
- Serve: Once the veggies are baked, serve it with a piece of garlic bread and enjoy the meal!
- Choose veggies to your liking. This dish tastes great with almost any veggie that could be baked.
- Vegan: Substitute butter, milk and cheese with Vegan products.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
Leave a Comment below. If you have tried the recipe, let me know how it turned out!
I'd love to hear from you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?