Cilantro(Coriander) is usually added as garnish but today we will make that as main ingredient and create aromatic fresh flavorful pesto sauce.
I must share the inspiration behind this recipe.
One day I was watering the plants in the garden and soon realized I have too much cilantro grown that I have to use sooner than I thought. Next to my cilantro plants were basil plants and a thought crossed what if I make an Italian pasta using cilantro sauce! All of us are very much familiar with basil pesto but not with cilantro pesto sauce.
Traditional basil pesto can be expensive because it has basil and pine nuts which do not come cheap in most places. Cilantro and walnuts can be lighter on the pocket without compromising on the taste.
Let’s utilize what we have a create a new finger-licking recipe. Always. make sure to read my notes as it will always have alternative if you don’t have somme ingredients.
Let’s meet the ingredients for pesto sauce
Lots of cilantro, Walnuts, parmesan cheese, garlic.
Make the Pasta
I always called Cilantro a side hero until I created this recipe. I plucked 4 full cups of cilantro, added roasted walnuts and garlic with olive oil and parmesan cheese into a blender and made a super flavorful pesto sauce! Soon mixed it with pasta and had them for our dinner! Are you running towards your kitchen to see if you have ingredients to make this? Yes I am sure you are
Creative ways of using this sauce/dip.
Well, I stored the remaining sauce in the fridge and used it as spread on sandwich. Also had it as dip with my chips and veggies.
Please rate and leave a comment if you make this.
Cilantro Pesto Pasta
- 4 Cups Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil Extra if you need for blending
- 2 Cups Pasta Cooked
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 Cup Bell pepper Cubed
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Capers Totally optional
- Roast: Take a pan and dry roast the walnuts for 2-3 minutes
- Add Garlic: To the same pan add garlic and just roast them for 1 minute
- Blend: Add cilantro, roasted walnuts and garlic, Olive oil and cheese with salt and blend to paste. Add more olive oil if required
- Cook veggies: Take a tsp of oil and heat it. To this add the veggies , cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Pasta: To this add cooked pasta. Mix well.
- Mix with Sauce: Add required amount of cilantro sauce to this and warm it up. Mix well. Add more cheese if required.
- Garnish: Add capers and black pepper on pasta as it enhances the taste (Optional)
- Serve: Serve in a plate and enjoy
- Add any veggies you may like. I love adding green veggies like broccoli , bell peppers and green beans or asparagus.
- You can store this in fridge up to a week.
- Freeze this up to a month.
- You can replace walnuts with almonds or you can choose to use 50-50 walnuts and almonds.
- You can choose to use Pine nuts as well
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?