People who know me know that I am not a salad person. I am mostly eating my feelings. And with covid not ending in the near sight, my indulgence in cravings are exponentially rising.So I decided to cut down, still unwilling to take the route of boring food. I put my mind to task and came up with an idea which solves both purposes.
Presenting salad in a jar – easy to prepare, eat minus the ennui.
Just grab the jar and shake it well and pour it into a bowl, eat it while you work! No hassle
Lets meet the ingredients
Make this and let me know hot it turned out. Rate and comment below.
Salad with Pepper- Lime Dressing
- Jar or Box
Veggies for Salad
- 1/2 Cucumber Cubed
- 1/2 Red bell pepper Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Chick pea Use either cannot or, soaked and cooked
- 1/2 Onion Sliced
- 2 Oranges
- 4 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Feta cheese If you are vegan substitute for vegan cheese
For Pepper-Lime Dressing
- 1 Tsp Zest + juice of 1 small lime
- 1 Tbsp Red vine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey Or Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
Make the dressing
- Mix: Take a bowl and add lime zest, lime juice, red wine vinegar, honey , olive oil, red pepper flakes, cumin powder, salt and black pepper, Mix well until everything is well combined.
Make the salad
- Assemble in Jar: Take 2 Mason jars, divide the dressing into half and pour into both the jars.
- Add: Add cucumbers, bell peppers , onions, parsley, cherry tomatoes, chick peas, oranges cranberry and feta cheese.
- Store: Close the lid and store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Serve: When ready to serve , shake the jar and serve in a bowl.
- If you do not have mason jar, arrange the salad ingredients in a lunch box
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?