People who know me know that I am not a salad person. I am mostly eating my feelings. And with covid not ending in the near sight, my indulgence in cravings are exponentially rising.So I decided to cut down, still unwilling to take the route of boring food. I put my mind to task and came up with an idea which solves both purposes.
Presenting salad in a jar – easy to prepare, eat minus the ennui.
Just grab the jar and shake it well and pour it into a bowl, eat it while you work! No hassle
Lets meet the ingredients
Make this and let me know hot it turned out. Rate and comment below.
Salad with Pepper- Lime Dressing
- Jar or Box
Veggies for Salad
- 1/2 Cucumber Cubed
- 1/2 Red bell pepper Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Chick pea Use either cannot or, soaked and cooked
- 1/2 Onion Sliced
- 2 Oranges
- 4 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Feta cheese If you are vegan substitute for vegan cheese
For Pepper-Lime Dressing
- 1 Tsp Zest + juice of 1 small lime
- 1 Tbsp Red vine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey Or Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
Make the dressing
- Mix: Take a bowl and add lime zest, lime juice, red wine vinegar, honey , olive oil, red pepper flakes, cumin powder, salt and black pepper, Mix well until everything is well combined.
Make the salad
- Assemble in Jar: Take 2 Mason jars, divide the dressing into half and pour into both the jars.
- Add: Add cucumbers, bell peppers , onions, parsley, cherry tomatoes, chick peas, oranges cranberry and feta cheese.
- Store: Close the lid and store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Serve: When ready to serve , shake the jar and serve in a bowl.
- If you do not have mason jar, arrange the salad ingredients in a lunch box
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
Leave a Comment below. If you have tried the recipe, let me know how it turned out!
I'd love to hear from you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?