My family is voracious coffee drinkers. We consume coffee with milk and sugar almost 3 times a day. Well, not while traveling. When we travelled to Southeastern Asian countries early this year(2020) before the Covid craziness, we had lemon grass tea especially in Cambodia. It was very easily available in almost all the cafes/restaurants. They usually serve with ground lemongrass, limes, coriander leaves and a black tea bag.
Can you believe after we returned back home, we actually reduced coffee consumption and switched to lemongrass tea. Now you know how reviving the tea was ! In my recipe, making this tea is even more simple- Tea without a T-bag!! Sounds interesting? Sure it does!
The best part of making lemon grass tea is that the kitchen will be filled with pleasant aroma of lemon grass.
This summer, Lemongrass is a monster in my garden. While it is available in abundance i make use of it almost every day by making tea and I often like to drink it cold through the day. I love lemony ginger flavor so i have used ginger in this recipe.
I like to call this tea as Super Herbal Tea because of the innumerable benefits it offers
- Lowers cholesterol
- Releases anxiety
- Releases general body pain
- Boosts Oral health
- Improves metabolism
Fresh lemongrass is not that hard to find. It should be available at your local Asian store or market. If you are buying a large bunch, wash them with warm water and pop them in the freezer. You can use the frozen stalks to make the tea
How about you let me know the taste of your tea?
Lemongrass Tea with Ginger
For Lemongrass Tea
- 2-3 lemongrass leaf- usually 12 inches long or if using hard stalk use 1/2 inch of it
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/4 Inch Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Lemon/lime
- 1 tsp Honey/Maple Syrup/ Sugar
1. Wash the lemongrass leaves. If using stem peel its outermost skin and chop the stem.
2. Fold the grass and add it to a small pot of boiling water or just add the chopped stem.
3. Add Fresh Ginger if you are using at this time.
4. Boil for 15 minutes in medium heat. After 15 mins, it would have reduced to 2 cups. Add lemon/lime juice.
5. Serve hot or cold
6. Add sweetener of your choice
- If you are using stalk , just make sure to remove the outer skin as it would be very dry. Once you take off the outer skin the stalk should be tender.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors9.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?