Are you sitting down? Because I’m sharing the best damn homemade Beetroot Hummus recipe, with you today! If you’re a colorful person and I know you are, you have got to give this delicious homemade beetroot hummus recipe a try. The bright, fresh dip is absolutely irresistible! It’s loaded with delicious, vibrant flavor and it comes together pretty quick.
It’s the beetroot that gives vibrant red- pinkish color to Hummus. There are different ways that you can make this recipe. If you want the best taste bake the beetroot, If you want quicker recipe just boil the beetroot. You have only 5 minutes to make the dip? No problem! Use beetroot powder!! I have tried all the 3 and they all taste great! But baked beetroot tastes the best and my favorite.
I usually eat this beets hummus as dip with veggies or Pita chips or sometimes I spread them over a loaf of bread and eat them all! I also use them in my wraps and dip for falafel.
Cook fresh beetroot
You need cook the beetroots for this recipe. You can either oven bake it or boil them. To bake the beets, cut off any tops and wash them. You don’t have to peel beetroot before baking. Wrap beets in aluminum foil and place in a 375°F/190°C preheated oven until cooked through and very tender. It can can take 60 minutes if it’s medium beets. Cook a little longer for bigger beets. Let cool slightly, then peel and slice into cubes
If you wish to cook it on stove top, just cut beets into cubes and boil them in hot water until it is very tender about 15-20 minutes.
Using Tahini for Hummus
Tahini is made from Sesame seeds and it gives a wonderful flavor and texture to hummus. I would definitely recommend using Tahini but ,If you choose to omit it, then hummus may turn out dry. You can add water to it little by little and blend it until hummus becomes creamy.
Also, Tahini has become very popular lately, and it can be easily found in large supermarkets. I prefer to make my own Tahini as it’s fairly easy quick and cost effective than buying from store.
Other Middle Eastern dishes you may like
Lemon Cilantro Lentil soup
So why don’t you make this exotic Beets hummus and let me know your thoughts ?
- Food Processor or Blender
For the Beets Hummus
- 3 tsp Beetroot Powder or
- 1 Small Beetroot
- 2 Cups Cooked Chick Peas
- 1 Small Lemon Zest
- 1 Small Lemon
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Cook the beets: Boil or Roast. If you choose to boil then just put them in boiling water and cook until soft or use a steam cooker. If you go the roasting way, then see my post above. If using Beets powder then move on to step 3.
- Coarse Blend: Cube the beets and place them in blender. Blend until only small bits remain
- Fine blend: Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. If you are using beetroot powder add it now
- Add seasoning: Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add more tahini or water.
- Serve: Serve immediately or refrigerate air tight for unto 3-4 days.
- I would avoid using water in hummus if possible. Adding Tahini makes the dish much flavorful.
- You can choose to use 1- 15 Oz Chick Peas can
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?