Mangoes are my families favorite fruit. Even though Mangoes are available throughout the year as cans and as frozen food, I feel satisfied only when I eat fresh Mangoes. They taste the best!!
Summers!!! This is my favorite season because…. I guess you all know it!!!I get to eat very very fresh mangoes!!! Far away from cans and frozen ones.
Has anyone wondered about the history of Mango?
Mangoes originated in India over 3-4,000 years ago and are also considered as sacred fruit. Mangoes spread gradually throughout Asia by Buddhism and then to the rest of the world. Persians carried mangoes across western Asia and planted seeds in east Africa . Portuguese explorers introduced mangoes to Brazil and from Brazil mangoes spread throughout the Americas.
*Mangoes are called the King of Fruits Grown in Tropical weather
*Mangoes are related to pistachios and cashews
*In India, beliefs states that mango trees can grant wishes.
*Mangoes are #1 fruit that’s consumed than any other fruit.
*India is the highest producer of mangoes in the world
*Green mangoes have more vitamin C than ripe mangoes. As mangoes ripen they contain more vitamin A.
Mangoes tastes best when eaten fresh , so lets utilize the season to its best and create some mouthwatering dishes..
Its summer and hot so I choose to begin with making some Ice Cream!
All you would need is 2 fresh mangoes, 1 14Oz sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups heavy cream and pinch of Turmeric!I like adding turmeric for its medicinal value as well as it give nice natural color to the ice cream.
If you feel like making ice cream during non-mango season then go for canned mangoes or frozen mangoes. Same measurements holds good.
Just beat the heavy cream to get perfect stiff peaks using electric hand held beater or you can use your food processor as well but just be mindful of not over doing it as you may curdle the cream.
We are not using sugar in this recipe as the condensed milk will have enough sugar. You can add sugar if you think your mangoes are not sweet enough.Serve this delicious Ice Cream over cone or in a serving cup!
Now make this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you!
Mango Turmeric Ice Cream
- Electric Beater
- 2 Mangoes Or About 2 1/2 Cups Of Diced Mangoes
- 14 Oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
PREPARING THE MIXTURE FOR ICE CREAM
- Dice: Peel the Mangoes and dice them. If using can/frozen mangoes then remove it from package
- Blend: Add the diced mangoes in a blender jar and puree it. Keep it aside
- Whip the Cream: In another large bowl take 2 cups chilled heavy cream. Using electric beater whip the cream. Whip till you get stiff peaks on medium-high to high speed. Do not overdo as the cream can curdle.
- Add remaining Ingredients: Add mango puree and condensed milk to the whipped cream. Also add turmeric.
- Fold: Mix in all the ingredients using an electric beater or spatula until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Transfer: Transfer to a freezer friendly bowl. Level with a spatula.
FREEZING ICE CREAM
- Cover the Ice Cream: Cover the bowl with a tight lid or seal tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Freeze: Keep the bowl in freeze for 7-8 hours or overnight. For a more softer texture, after the ice cream is half set, remove it from the freezer and whip again.
- Pre Serving: Before serving, keep the ice cream bowl at room temperature for 10 minutes till you can easily scoop it out.
- Serve: Scope the ice cream on to a cone or to a bowl and top with almonds or any other nuts.
- Frozen and canned mangoes works well
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?