I have said this earlier, that I am a big connoisseur of noodles. Which means I am constantly looking for new ways to make’em. But today I will go out on a limb and say ditch noodles. Before you start calling me crazy, let me rephrase…’ditch flour noodle’.
Let me introduce you to new ways of making healthy gluten free noodles – the zoodles aka zucchini noodles. You may be overwhelmed with lot of questions, but bear with me as I take you through the ultimate guide of zoodles.
Zoodles is a nickname for zucchini noodles made from spiralized, raw zucchini. While it’s possible to find pre-made zoodles in some grocery stores, most people prefer to make them fresh at home, especially considering they can take just a few quick minutes to prepare.
What Are Zoodles?
Zoodles are strands of zucchini that are made into the shape of noodles. The uniform shape of zoodles is possible because of the work of a spiralizer. You can use either a simple, inexpensive, handheld spiralizer to shape your zoodles or a more expensive and professional spiralizer. If you do not have this device no need to worry, you can always strip the zucchini into think strips using a knife.
You don’t have to peel the skin off of a zucchini to make noodles. As the flesh contains most of the water of the squash, you’ll want to eat the skin to retain the zucchini’s fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Let’s meet the ingredients
All we need is basic ingredients. Main ingredient Zucchini, any veggies of your choice to go along with it and parmesan cheese to top it off with.
Benefits of Zucchini
- Very Low in Calories
- Low in Carbs
- Good source of Vitamin C
- Helps increase your vegetable intake
- Easy and fast to make
Do let me know if you make it. Rate and comment below.
Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)
- Spiral vegetable slicer
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Minced
- 1 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 Bell pepper Cubed
- 3 Tbsp Capers Optional
- 1/4 Cup Basil
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Salt + Pepper
- Spiralize the Zucchini: Place the Zucchini in Spiralizer by cutting the ends of Zucchini. Turn the spiralizer and make zucchini noodles
- Saute: Heat the oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add veggies: Add broccoli ,and bell peppers , cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add noodles: Add basil , capers and zucchini noodles and toss them for not more than 1-2 minutes. We just need to warm them through, then turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle and serve: Sprinkle on the grated parmesan along with salt and pepper, give them another toss in the pan, Serve and enjoy
- If you do not have spiraling , you can use knife and cut zucchini in thin strips as well. It will take some time but trust me it will be worth it.
- Do not peel the skin of zucchini
- Add some cilantro pest to make this dish rich.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?