Todays post is more of an inspiration than a recipe. The reason I say so is because except for the protein in this dish, all other ingredients can be changed as per your like-ability. I’ll explain that in a second. Chickpeas are as versatile as one can get. They are inexpensive, nutritious and can be used in soups, salads, one-pot meals, hummus, the sky’s the limit. I usually have a Ziploc bag of boiled chickpeas in the refrigerator because I don’t favor canned chickpeas, but to each their own. Chickpea salad is one of my comfort food. It is easy to make, doesn’t require one particular set of ingredients, is very yummy and completely fulfilling.
You can get as creative as possible with chickpea salads. Toss in vegetables of your choice, some jalapenos and cilantro and you have a tex-mex chickpea salad. Add some parsley and feta cheese and you have a Mediterranean chickpea salad. Maybe add some yogurt based sauce, ground cumin, turmeric powder and you even get an Indian chickpea salad. You get the point. With chickpea as a protein you can open your gates of creativity and make a salad of your own. Go try it yourself and let me know your version of the Chickpea salad and I may feature it in some future post.
Video of making the salad
Firstly I copped all the veggies that I had handy onions, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley and prepped it
Added them in the salad mixing bowl and then added boiled chickpeas, some pitted olives and feta cheese.
Prepared the dressing by combining olive oil, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, dried herbs, ground oregano, salt and lemon juice.
Note: You can add any dried herbs. But I love the combination of basil, thyme, oregano and rosemary. Dried oregano adds an intense flavor to the salad so i love adding it to salad.
Then mix the dressing in the salad mixing bowl. Toss well and enjoy the delicious salad!
If you made this please rate and leave a comment.
- Mixing bowl
- 1/2 Cup Onions Diced
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper Diced - I have used yellow, red and orange bell peppers
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber Diced
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/4 Cup Olives Pitted
- 1 Cup Chickpeas soaked overnight and pressure cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 1/2 Cup Parsley Finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese Or any cheese of your choice
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Onion powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Dried herbs Basil, thyme, oregano and rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Oregano Optional
- 1 Tsp Salt Taste and add more if required
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Combine: Combine olive oil, black pepper,onion powder, garlic powder,paprika, dried herbs, ground oregano (Optional) , salt and lemon juice in a mug , stir well and keep aside.
- Dice : Dice Onions, Bell peppers, Cucumbers
- Halve: If using cherry tomato you can choose to cut the tomatoes into half or you can use the whole cherry tomatoes
- Chop: Finely chop parsley
- Dice: Cut the Avocado into half and de seed it then cut into dice.
- Combine: Combine all the veggies- Onions, Bell peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, pitted olives, Avocado, Cooked chickpeas, chopped parsley and add feta cheese
- Add Dressing: To the chopped veggies add the dressing, toss it well and adjust the salt or seasoning if needed. Enjoy the super yummy salad.
- Vegans can use the vegan cheese
- Dressing can be made and stored in Refrigerator for upto 10 days
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?