Making mashed potatoes is super easy and fun. These mashed potatoes passed the ultimate test when my little one declared it, “Yum and tasty!” I have to agree – they’re creamy, deeply flavorful & delicious.
We make this at home when we need a hassle free side for the dinner or a really quick bite of snack.
The best mashed potatoes only require a few simple ingredients:
- Potatoes – Russet, Red, baby yellow or yellow potatoes- any of these makes the dish yummy.
- Cream Cheese – The secret ingredient!
- Butter – I love the rich taste of butter in this recipe.
- Salt and pepper – Absolute essentials! For optimum flavor, I salt the potato cooking water as well as mixing salt and pepper into the mashed potatoes.
- Milk or half and half –
- Topping– Top your potatoes however you like! My favorite way to eat them is with a sprinkle black pepper and a pat of butter.
Meet the steps
If you love these roasted garlic mashed potatoes, try one of these favorite side dish recipes next:
Vietnamese Fresh spring roll
If you tried this recipe, do rate this and leave a comment below.
- potato masher
- pressure cooker or instant pot
- 6 Potatoes about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 Tsp Salt more if required
- 2 Tbsp Butter If vegan, use vegan butter
- 1/4 Cup Cream cheese if vegan, use vegan cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp Half and Half milk or heavy cream
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- Prep and cook potatoes: Cut the potatoes , pressure cook them with some salt. If using instant pot peel the potatoes and cook them.
- Let it cool: When the pressure is released , remove the lid and take the potatoes out.
- Peel: Peel the skin off the potatoes. If using instant pot, skip this step
- Mash: Using a potato masher mash the potato and ensure that there are no chunks of potatoes
- Add: To this add butter, cream cheese, half and half/milk/heavy cream.
- Season: Add some salt and pepper
- Mix well: Give it a good mix to ensure all the ingredients have well incorporated.
- Garnish: Garnish it with some butter and pepper
- Serve: Enjoy as a side dish or a snack.
- Garnishing can be made with fresh rosemary / chives/ parsley or cilantro.
- Vegans: Replace all the dairy products with Vegan products
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
Leave a Comment below. If you have tried the recipe, let me know how it turned out!
I'd love to hear from you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?