Making mashed potatoes is super easy and fun. These mashed potatoes passed the ultimate test when my little one declared it, “Yum and tasty!” I have to agree – they’re creamy, deeply flavorful & delicious.
We make this at home when we need a hassle free side for the dinner or a really quick bite of snack.
The best mashed potatoes only require a few simple ingredients:
- Potatoes – Russet, Red, baby yellow or yellow potatoes- any of these makes the dish yummy.
- Cream Cheese – The secret ingredient!
- Butter – I love the rich taste of butter in this recipe.
- Salt and pepper – Absolute essentials! For optimum flavor, I salt the potato cooking water as well as mixing salt and pepper into the mashed potatoes.
- Milk or half and half –
- Topping– Top your potatoes however you like! My favorite way to eat them is with a sprinkle black pepper and a pat of butter.
Meet the steps
If you love these roasted garlic mashed potatoes, try one of these favorite side dish recipes next:
If you tried this recipe, do rate this and leave a comment below.
- potato masher
- pressure cooker or instant pot
- 6 Potatoes about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 Tsp Salt more if required
- 2 Tbsp Butter If vegan, use vegan butter
- 1/4 Cup Cream cheese if vegan, use vegan cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp Half and Half milk or heavy cream
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- Prep and cook potatoes: Cut the potatoes , pressure cook them with some salt. If using instant pot peel the potatoes and cook them.
- Let it cool: When the pressure is released , remove the lid and take the potatoes out.
- Peel: Peel the skin off the potatoes. If using instant pot, skip this step
- Mash: Using a potato masher mash the potato and ensure that there are no chunks of potatoes
- Add: To this add butter, cream cheese, half and half/milk/heavy cream.
- Season: Add some salt and pepper
- Mix well: Give it a good mix to ensure all the ingredients have well incorporated.
- Garnish: Garnish it with some butter and pepper
- Serve: Enjoy as a side dish or a snack.
- Garnishing can be made with fresh rosemary / chives/ parsley or cilantro.
- Vegans: Replace all the dairy products with Vegan products
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?