Of late, we are on a creative train with imagination nectar drooling all over us. I am in a state of mind where I don’t like anything that’s textbook. Even something like a burger, which has looked the same for over a century, should have a makeover. So, putting all my grey cells on full throttle, I have come up with a new avatar for the immutable veggie burger – a bite size, lip smacking burger on a stick.
Pandemic has left everyone with great imagination and creativity. Most of us are getting more and more imaginative in a good way! Let’s utilize this time and create some beautiful yummy dishes which can be relished by the entire family from young to old! Burgers are universally loved food for decades but let’s not make it look obvious rather make it sophisticated using the same ingredients. Alright, I have spoken enough, let’s just jump into threading the dish into skewers!
Let’s meet the ingredients and process
Other creative recipes you may like
Arctic Penguin Delight
Salad in a jar
Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)
Sweet potato Falafel Gyro
Quinoa Beetroot Burger
Vegan Panna Cotta
If you made this please rate the recipe and leave a comment.
Burger on a stick
- Potato masher
- Skewer to assemble the burger.
For the Burger patties
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup Green peas Fresh or frozen
- 1 Medium Potato
- 2 Tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1 Tsp Ginger Grated
- 1 Tsp Garlic Minced
- 1 Tsp Cumin powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
All other ingredients
- 4 Slice Bread You can use either white or wheat bread. Can also use multi grain bread
- 1 Small Cucumber
- 18 Balls Mozzarella cheese
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Tomato ketchup For serving(Optional)
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro leaves
Make the burger patties
- Chop the veggies: Chop carrots, bell pepper, potato. If using frozen peas , wash and keep them aside.
- Steam veggies: Add all veggies in a steamer and steam just enough for about 8 minutes. Make sure not to over cook them as making patties may become difficult. Note: Veggies should be just cooked and not mashed.
- Mash veggies: Once the veggies are cooked, let it cool for 5 minutes and mash them using a potato masher.
- Add spices: To the mashed veggies, add grated ginger, minced garlic, cumin powder, salt, pepper and bread crumbs. Mix well to make a stiff dough. If its stick just a tbsp of bread crumbs.
- Make the patties: Scoop a small about of the dough into your palm and make round balls and press them gently to give patties shape. Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Roast the patties: Add a tbsp of olive oil on a pan , place the patties and roast them until they are golden brown on both the sides. Each side may take up to 3-4 minutes on medium heat to get roasted. Remove it in a plate
- Prep the other ingredients: Cut each slice of bread into 9 pieces , Cut the cherry tomatoes into half and cut the cucumber into 1/4” slice , Pluck the cilantro leaves and keep it aside.
- Assemble the burger: Take a small skewer, thread the bread on to the skewer , then add cilantro, half cherry tomato, mozzarella cheese ball, cucumber , burger pattie and finally another piece of bread. Repeat for all the remaining ingredients.
- Serve: Arrange the burger in a stick on to a plate and serve them with Ketchup or Vegan Mayo or any dip that you may like.
- Veggies should be just cooked and not mashed. If the veggies are over cooked patties will be difficult to handle.
- I have used a bamboo skewer to make it look fancy but you can use a norma skewer, you can even break the large skewers into small ones and use it to secure the burger.
- You can roast the bread and then cut it. It adds a little extra crunch to the bites.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
Leave a Comment below. If you have tried the recipe, let me know how it turned out!
I'd love to hear from you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?